See Why People Love 32 Miles of Beachfront Views in Galveston, Texas
From East Beach on the far east end of the island to the west end beaches by San Luis Pass, Galveston has over 32 miles of beachfront! There are a lot of options for you to find the perfect spot to soak up the sun in the sand. Here’s a guide and overview for every single beach on the island, from the most popular and well-known to the more isolated and quiet. Check out Galveston beach photos, videos, and use the beach map to learn more about what Galveston is best known for: our awesome beaches!
- List of Galveston Beaches
- Galveston Beach Map
- Galveston Beach Photo Gallery
- Galveston Weather
- Galveston Beach Videos
Let us help you find the best beach for you! We’ve listed every major beach and beach community on the island, from east to west. Visit the links to learn more about each neighborhood and beach to find the ones that interest you and your group.
- East Beach – Large public beach park with a great pavilion, bathrooms, outdoor showers, playground, and plenty of space; perfect for families!
- Beachtown – New subdivision with Victorian architecture, homes valued at over a million dollars, walking paths, and a gorgeous cafe.
- The Preserve at Grand Beach – Developing beach community with huge, luxury homes and a nice spacious beach.
- Stewart Beach – Voted as one of the best family beaches! Large pavilion, bathrooms, beach chair rentals, outdoor showers, playground, and near helicopter rides!
- Porretto Beach – One of the only privately-owned beaches on the island. Alcohol allowed, beach chair and umbrella rental, parking on the beach, and near restaurants.
- Galveston Seawall Beaches – Located right by the action of the Seawall! Restaurants, bars, Pleasure Pier, beach equipment rentals, and more! Bathrooms and showers located on 19th, 29th, 39th, 45th, and 61st Streets.
- Babe’s Beach – Located around 61st Street, this is a popular beach in town. Again, you’ll be right by the nightlife and things to do in the bustling city of Galveston. Parking along the Seawall.
Start of West End
- Sunny Beach – One of the first West end beach neighborhoods. Close to town, but typically a little quieter.
- Beachside Village – Gorgeous new upscale beach community. Still near town, so convenient yet quiet.
- Sands of Kahala – This sandy beach neighborhood is a top tourist spot. Homes located right by the water make for super easy beach access.
- Hershey Beach – This is a small, sought after community with limited availability consisting of just 2 rows of homes. “A little taste of paradise.”
- Spanish Grant – Galveston’s own “Margaritaville”. Great beach views and a laid-back atmosphere.
- Bermuda Beach – Many homes in this area have direct beach access, all are at most a few steps to the water!
Near Jamaica Beach
- Pirates’ Beach – One of the most well-known and largest neighborhoods on Galveston Island. Separated in 3 subdivisions – Pirates’ Beach, Pirates’ Beach West, and Pirates’ Cove (on the bayside).
- Pirates’ Beach West – Located right by Galveston Island State Park. Wide variety of homes and architecture and nearby grocery stores.
- Jamaica Beach– This island community has its own city limits. Just west of the state park, this area has a community pavilion, community pool, boat ramp, neighborhood park, and many homes on the beachside as well as bayside. Golf carts are a great way to get around in this area.
- Gulf Palms – Small beach neighborhood, yet very popular and near the amenities of Jamaica Beach, including right by restaurants.
- Acapulco Beach – Beach sand on almost every side of every home! Near Jamaica Beach amenities and the state park for additional entertainment.
Near San Luis Pass
- Sea Isle – Large community with beach and bay/canal homes. Amenities include a community swimming pool, restaurants, food truck park, bar, marina, bait shop, boat ramp, tennis courts, playground, and convenience store. Golf carts are a great way to get around in the area!
- Terramar Beach – Views of the west tip of Galveston Island. Amazing sunrises and sunsets. Peaceful, quiet, serene.
- Bay Harbor – Homes with unobstructed views of the water. Great location for those that love water sports.
- Miramar Beach – Great fishing, boating, and all things ocean. Still near Sea Isle amenities but far out west for a quiet beach experience.
- Half Moon Beach – Near the Pointe West Beach Club, but private and secluded beaches. If you’re looking for a quiet and isolated beach excursion, look no further.
- Stavanger Beach – A row of incredible, large beach homes with easy access to the beach. Near Pointe West community but its own small beach neighborhood.
- Playa San Luis – Near Pointe West amenities, but its own large neighborhood on the far west end of the island. Beautiful homes, most with views of the beach and within walking distance to the water.
- Pointe West – This community on the far end of the West side offers many amenities including an infinity pool, large hot tub, kiddie pool, lazy river, fitness center, bar, locker rooms, restaurant, gift shop, game room, grilling area, and cabanas. Golf carts are perfect for transportation in this neighborhood.
Many of these beach communities offer vacation homes that you could stay in year-round! Discover unique beachfront houses in Galveston and other Galveston beachside homes by browsing the beach community links above.
Check out Ryson’s Galveston Area Guide. It’s your go-to resource for local events, restaurants, and attractions!
Check out the Ryson Instagram page for more beach photos as well as photos of Galveston beachfront vacation homes.
Galveston Weather & Climate
Make sure your beach day will be a sunny one! For Galveston’s weather and info on Galveston’s climate and sunrise & sunset times, check out Ryson’s Galveston weather page.
Can’t make a trip down to the beach anytime soon? See a live-feed of the beach on the Seawall with our Galveston live beach cam! Great for sitting back with a relaxing beach view while you work!
Did you know there have been several recent Galveston beach expansion projects? These are vital for erosion prevention, not to mention the added space on our lovely beaches for all beach-goers.
Galveston Beach Drone Shots
Take a virtual fly over some of the beaches of Galveston.
Visit the Ryson YouTube page to see more videos and to go on Galveston beachfront vacation home tours.