Join Us for Island Oktoberfest in Galveston, Texas
Oktoberfest in Galveston
Fall brings in many events and festivities to the island of Galveston, Texas. One of the main events that attracts many people is Island Oktoberfest. This festival is German based, so everything is German themed. Come dressed in your Lederhosen and Dirndls to experience the fun that the festival has to offer!
7 THINGS NOT TO MISS FOR OKTOBERFEST:
- Costume Contest – Come dressed in your best German attire and win a $50 gift card.
- Tapping of the Keg – check out the tapping of the keg on Friday night at 5:00pm. If you are not a beer fan, they also offer “popping of the cork” for the wine lovers.
- Try all German Foods – walk around the food booths to try bratwurst, knockwurst, strudel and wurst abendessen, which is a German sausage dinner with traditional sides.
- Traditional Music and Dancing – There are two main stages that offer traditional music and dancing for people to check out as they walk around.
- Shop for authenticity – The Lyceum, Victorian- style chapel, is hosting all vendors with handcrafted items and gifts. You can drop by on Friday from 5:00pm to 9:00pm or Saturday from 11:00am to 7:00pm.
- Other Games – Test your luck with the Cake Wheel and try and win some cake! Check out the Kid’s Zone for some family fun. Or test your strength with the Masskrugstemmen. This sport is not for the faint of heart as you have to hold a liter of beer at shoulder level for as long as possible. Think you can beat the world record of 20 minutes and 13 seconds?
- Compete in the Annual Chicken Dance – Oktoberfest hosts the annual Chicken Dance Contest Saturday, so find your partner and create your own dance moves. Judging is by volunteers and staff and then by applause of the audience.
Remember to book your Galveston Vacation Rental with Ryson for your weekend of bratwursts, beer, and Chicken Dancing!