Make the most of this favorite event!
Tips for Galveston, Texas’ Motorcycle Lone Star Rally
We are counting down for Lone Star Biker Rally. polish up your chrome and pull out your favorite leather vest and chaps for the biggest motorcycle rally in Texas. Beginning Thursday, Nov. 2, through Sunday, Nov. 5, Galveston expects more than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts from across the country for one of the biggest motorcycle rallies in the country and the biggest rally in Texas – the Lone Star Rally.
Tips to make the best out of the Lone Star Rally in Galveston, TX:
- Book your Galveston vacation rental early. Ryson’s Vacation Rentals are hugely popular for this citywide festival, so book well in advance. Remember, when booking, the heart of Lone Star Rally is in The Strand Historic District and the other key location is on Galveston’s Seawall between 25th and 18th Street. Ryson will have a tent set- come see us! Tip: The best thing about Galveston is it’s a small island, so nothing is too far a drive.
- Check out our website for information on Galveston Lone Star Biker Rally.
- Lone Star Rally offers three event zones: The Seawall, The Strand, and Pier 21. So, if you get bored in one location, just hop on your bike and take a short ride to the next spot. Pier 21 is home to Car and Truck Events, including a two-day Drive-In Car Show. Picture pre-1972 hot rods, sled cars, rat cars, classic cars, and muscle cars.
- Choose the Miller Lite Stage on Strand or Progressive Stage at Beach Central for four days of live music.
- Downtown concerts at the Miller Lite Stage typically begin at noon, with the last band performing at 10 p.m.
- Progressive Stage concerts typically start at noon, with the last band performing at 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Check the schedule or the app for your favorite bands.
- Enjoy the ride – Galveston is easy to navigate and scenic. You’ll love the view over the causeway as you arrive on Galveston Island. Plus, enjoy the beach view of the Gulf of Mexico as you cruise down the beachfront. There are designated motorcycle traffic areas on the Seawall and Downtown. If you are traveling down 25th Street between the Seawall and Strand Street, be cautious around the trolley tracks. There are also tracks in parts of downtown.
- And you’ll want to come back. Galveston Island is thirty-two miles long and no more than three miles wide at its widest point. We have delicious restaurants, scenic drives, and plenty to keep you entertained.
Make the most of these travel tips and enjoy Lone Star Rally in Galveston. Galveston Vacation Rentals offers more than 200 properties across the island that provide plenty of reasons to visit Galveston this year. If you need help planning your visit, Gulf Coast Concierge is available to assist.