If you’re cruising out of Texas, you’re sailing from Galveston, so you might as well make Galveston your first Port of Call before your cruise begins.
Here are seven reasons to begin your cruise vacation with a stay in Galveston:
- You will already be in vacation mode for your cruise and you can show off your gorgeous tan from the beach. There’s no reason for a spray tan because you’ll have already enjoyed the benefits of Vitamin D.
- You won’t be caught in traffic or worry about missing your flight since you’re already here. Rather than experiencing the last-minute stress of traffic, you can take the short drive from your vacation rental to cruise ship parking. Heck, you’d still have time for a tasty breakfast before leaving.
- You can spread out in your vacation rental before you experience the tight quarters on the ship. Since we know cruise quarters can be a bit cramped, this will give you a little space before the cruise.
- You’ll have time to buy any last-minute outfits or swimsuits for the cruise. Galveston is full of surf shops offering popular swimwear. You’ll also find boutiques in Downtown Galveston offering great attire for your vacation. So it’s time to put away athleisure wear and pick out a sundress or Hawaiian shirt.
- You can check your email one last time before your cruise so you can unplug while sailing. We are all guilty of checking our email while on vacation, so do it from your vacation rental versus the deck chair on the cruise.
- You’ll still have time to grab extra cash for tipping shuttle drivers and porters. Although we rely on our credit cards for transactions, your drivers and porters appreciate the tips.
- Most importantly, you’ll have some downtime to look at your cruise itinerary and research activities. While our intentions are good, we all know most of us read up on our Port of Calls in the car or on the plane. This way, you can do a little research on your Galveston vacation rental deck, balcony, or porch.
You’ll find the Port of Galveston to be convenient and easily accessible for your cruise. The Port also offers cruise ship parking and transportation to the cruise ship terminals.
Royal Caribbean International, Princess, Norwegian, Disney, and Carnival Cruise Lines depart from Galveston Island. Check their website now to book your cruise early.
We hope you make the most of your trip with these tips for making Galveston your first Port of Call during your cruise vacation out of Texas.
Ryson Vacation Rentals offers more than 250 properties across the island that provide plenty of reasons to visit Galveston this year. If you need help planning your visit, Gulf Coast Concierge can assist.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Christine Hopkins is a proud BOI, meaning she was born on the Island. She co-authored “100 Things to Do in Galveston Before You Die,” published by Reedy Press. Before the book, she wrote more than 300 blogs on Galveston. Over the years, she’s given hundreds of tours for visiting travel writers showcasing the sites on the island. Currently, she’s a Galveston guide for ToursByLocals.com.